AT&T U-Verse is one of the most popular televisions and Internet service providers in the nation, with over 15.7 million active internet users and nearly 47 million video connections across U-Verse and DIRECTV. With so many consumers using the service, it clearly has much strength, but no provider is perfect, and AT&T is no exception to this rule.
Follow the steps to get connected with TV
- Connect the coaxial cable between TO TV and VIDEO IN on the rear of your TV. Don’t disconnect any Network or TO WALL cables.
- Then Plug your U-verse TV receiver into the wall to give it power.
- Turn on your TV.
- Using your TV’s remote control (not your U-verse TV remote control), change your TV to Ch. 3
- Your TV should show the AT&T U-verse screen, press OK to watch TV.
- Use the U-verse TV remote control to choose AT&T followed by OK.
Picture and sound problems can be among the most irritating, because they often prevent you from watching (and enjoying) your TV at all until they are resolved, much like a freezing problem. If you are facing with this, or even an issue of distorted picture or sound, follow these simple steps:
1) Be sure your TV is set to the right input: Most of the latest TVs have multiple different HDMI inputs available so that you can easily connect more than one device at a time if necessary. The downside to this is that often we might forget which input our STB is plugged into, causing us to think there’s an issue where there really isn’t.
2) If you still facing problems, try changing the channel: Sometimes particular channels can experience problems at the end of the network, so try and confirm that you are experiencing these problems on more than one channel before calling in for support.
3) If everything fails, contact customer support: Sometimes, try as you might, you just can’t seem to fix the problem on your own. Stay calm, and give customer support a call. This can be irritating, especially during times of peak demand, but remember: the person on the other end of the line is a human, too. Try to be patient and calm as they guide you through the troubleshooting process.
Troubleshoot picture problems
TS&R on TV
Try Troubleshoot & Resolve on your Television from the comfort of your recliner. Using your U-verse TV remote control:
- Press Menu.
- Scroll down to Help then press OK.
- Select Info > Troubleshoot & Resolve > TV > Picture.
- Select the Picture issue.
- Follow the onscreen prompts.
Tips to restore the picture
Restart the receiver
Many TV problems can be fixed by simply restarting your receiver:
- Firstly, hold down the Power button for ten seconds.
- Press it again to restart the receiver. This will take 5-8 minutes and will affect any DVR recordings in progress. Your Broadband and Service lights should be green.
Broadband and Service lights on your receiver aren’t green
Verify cables connected to your Residential Gateway are snug and secure. Also be sure the input settings on your TV match the type of cables you are using (video, HDMI, etc.).
Restart your Residential Gateway
Following these steps to restart your Gateway will temporarily interrupt your TV and Internet service, as well as any recordings in progress:
- Unplug the power cable for 5 seconds then plug it back in.
- Wait until the Service lights turns green, which may take up to 4 minutes.
Restart multiple receivers by unplugging each one for 5 seconds then plug it back in.
Check picture quality on other channels
If you’re only having a problem with one channel, it may be coming from the channel source and not your U-verse system.
AT&T u-verse not working
Try troubleshooting & resolving from your TV
Using your U-verse remote control:
- Press Menu.
- Choose Help > Information > Troubleshoot & Resolve > TV > DVR.
- Follow the onscreen prompts.
Restart your receiver or troubleshoot specific issues
Many receiver issues can be fixed by restarting your receiver. To do this, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds. This takes 5 to 8 minutes and will impact any DVR recordings in progress. If you have multiple receivers, reboot your wireless gateway by unplugging it from its power source.
If you’re having a specific issue and restarting the receiver doesn’t fix it, try the following tips.
- Receiver power is on and TV power is on, but still can’t see TV
- Check your TV menu setup. Make sure the proper input/source setting is selected.
The receiver turns off (standby mode)
After 8 hours of inactivity, your receiver automatically goes to standby mode. This feature is in place to conserve energy. To stop your receiver from going to standby, simply press a key like OK, Guide, or Options on your U-verse remote to restart the eight-hour cycle. How to fix sbcglobal email not working on iphone.
The receiver doesn’t respond to the remote control
Check the batteries in the remote by pressing the AT&T button on the remote. If you see a red light, the batteries are still good. If you don’t see a red light or the red light is dim, replace the batteries in the remote.
The TV picture freezing or breaking up in this way is most commonly caused by a weak signal or at&t outage. This might be because there is limited or intermittent coverage at your address, or your cable connections could also be faulty. If you have good coverage or have previously had good reception, try returning your digital box or TV to reload channels.
Certain weather conditions may also have an effect on the signal, especially high pressure and snow.
AT&T U-verse is a fantastic TV service. It has a huge number of channels, excellent customer satisfaction ratings across the board, and the price is right. Unluckily, the service is hindered by highly variable internet speeds and limited availability. Still, if you can get it, AT&T U-verse makes the best pick for a TV service provider.
Check out att email login for more details.