Are you suffering from the AT&T DSL outage issue, or the “server down” issue?
Do you want the fix?
If so, then we are here to help you. We can give you the best solutions.
Today’s blog is going to be about:-
- Why the server down issue may occur whenever you try to do the ATT DSL login.
- How to fix the “server down” issue.
Reasons for ATT DSL Server Outage Down when trying the SBC DSL login
When you have the at&t outage map issue with the SBC DSL login or att webmail login, you can’t get login access to your account at all. Some of the common reasons for the issue are:-
- The server is physically off.
- The server is not connected to the Network.
- The network may not be configured properly.
- The firewall may be blocking the traffic.
- DoS attack
- DDoS attack
- The provider or the Partner may have blocked access due to security reasons.
Let’s discuss each of these reasons one by one, and also see how to fix them.
How to fix the ATT DSL Outage issue in SBCGlobal
For fixing the issue, the following methods should be followed on.
- If the issue is caused because the server is physically off, and not working, then the issue may only be solved by experienced technicians present on-site. They can trouble the issue easily. You should inform the CCE asap.
- If the issue is caused because the server is not well connected to the network, then the issue may be fixed very easily by accessing the server remotely. Also, if you get the error Message like “Server DSN Address could not be found”, the issue may be fixed by various ways depending upon your web browsers.
For Chrome users, we have three fixes this time, they are:-
- Delete all your files from the “etc” folder.
For deleting your files from the “etc’ folder, first of all, you need to open the C drive. Now, go to the windows option, and then visit the system option. Now, you have to go to the System option, and then the Driver option in it. In the “Driver” option, you may see the “etc” folder. Just open the folder, and select all by pressing CTRL+A. Now, right click on your mouse, and select the “delete” option.
- Clearing the Host Cache.
To clear the host Cache, you need to first open the Chrome browser, and then type “chrome://net-internals/#dns” in the address bar, and then press the enter button. Now you will be redirected to a new page where you get the option “Clear-Host Cache”. That’s it, you have done it.
- Updating the driver.
Now, if the issue has occurred because of the Att Dsl outdated driver, you should update the driver asap.
You can do either of automatic update and the manual update.
For doing the automatic update, you have to follow the procedure given below.
- At first, you have to download and install the driver easy.
- Run the Software, and click Scan now.
- Find the outdated drivers, and click update. Wait for the process to get finished automatically.
Doing the manual updating of the required device driver may be a bit tougher. So, it’s better to avoid unless you are well with each and every step. For doing the Manual update, you will need to visit the manufacturer website first, and then you will have to the recent version of the driver that you need. It’s quite complicated, so better to leave.
4. By changing the DNS server setting.
For doing so, follow the steps given below.
- Open the control panel, and then visit the network and sharing center.
- Press the change adaptor setting.
- Right click on the authorized connection, and press the “Properties” option.
- Now, click TCP/IPV4, and then choose the properties option.
- A new page will open, where you may find the “General” tab. Now, in the general tab, if “Obtain the DNS server automatically” is not already selected then you just need to click “OK”. And, if it is automatically selected, then you have to select “Use the following DSN address, and mention 184.108.40.206 in the preferred DNS server, and 220.127.116.11 in the alternate DNS server.
If the issue is caused by improper configuration of the network. Then you fixed it as soon as possible. If you don’t know how to do it, you may contact the CCE anytime for help.
Sometimes, the Firewall blockage may be the reason for the issue to occur. If it is so, then the following steps should be applied.
First of all, you have to download the Windows Firewall troubleshooter.
Now, do the double click on Windows Firewall.diagcab file
Now, access the troubleshooter result, and then select the option to fix the problem.
Alternatively, you may fix the issue by resetting the Firewall. For doing so, apply the procedure as mentioned below.
- Visit the Control Panel, and then select the system and security.
- Now, press the option “Window Firewall”.
- Now, on the left panel click the restore default link.
In the next step, you have to choose the “Restore default” button, and then confirm the same, by clicking “Yes”.
The two most dangerous reasons for occurring the issue may be “DoS Attack” and the “DDoS Attack”. Dos attack is a method of taking down the server by overloading it by using useless information packets in huge amounts. It is an illegal practice.
For getting rid of this issue, is not that much easy, and you need to be a master in such fields to fix the issue. Well, one of the commonly known ways to avoid the DoS attack is the Dot defender web Application Firewall. It inspects your properly and keeps you away from the DoS attack. There are some other best methods too, and it’s better to contact the customer support to fix such an issue.
The DDoS attack is almost very similar to the DoS attack, but the only difference is that, in the DDoS attack, so many computers are used to attack the same user by providing too much of false traffics. The only purpose to do this is to stop the first place users to get access to his/her own web data. Similar to the DoS attack, the DDoS attack is also illegal, and you must be well-experienced in the related field to get this issue resolved. It’s never so easy for a common being to fix this issue. So, for them, it is better to contact the experts to fix the issue. Well, some well-known web protection services may help you to protect against the DDoS attack. They are:-
- BeeThink Anti-DDoS Guardian
Now, if the service provider has blocked the access, and if it is the reason for outages then the only thing you can do is to request the service provider to unblock you. There may be various reasons why the service provider may do so. You just need to contact the provider to know the reasons, and then you have to request the provider to unblock your service. If this does not work with the provider, then it’s better to change the provider.
For more information and help, you may contact the CCE team anytime by calling at the toll-free number.
AT&T outage Problem Solution
AT&T is the world’s largest Telecom Company and is ranked #9 on the Fortune 500 list. It also offers TV service via U-Verse through internet. As it is through internet, users face several outage problems sometimes, like following issues:
- No Picture
- No Service
- No Browse
If you are one who is facing these outage Problems, this Article might help you to solve your problem.
Try troubleshooting & resolving on your TV
- Press Menu on your U-verse remote and go to Help.
- Now, go to Troubleshoot and Resolve and Press OK.
- Here, you need to select outage type:
- TV, then select No Picture.
- Phone, and then select No Service.
- Internet, choose No browse.
- Press OK and follow the prompts.
Restart or Reboot your internet gateway or modem
- Unplug your gateway or modem.
- Wait for 20-30 seconds and plug the modem back in.
It normally takes 10 minutes for the gateway or modem to reboot. You are all set when broadband light blinks green.
Here is some FAQs and answers that might come to your mind when resolving the problems:
- How do I know if there’s an Internet or DSL outage in my area?
If you think you have an internet outage, sign in to Troubleshoot & Resolve to check.
The AT&T support team will let you know if there is problem or not.
- How do I know when my Internet or DSL outage is fixed?
- Sign in to Troubleshoot & Resolve.
- Choose Notify me if there is an outage in my area.
That’s it! The AT&T Service Support Team will let you know when your service is back and working well.
- Why is my Internet or DSL slow?
- Your Internet could be slow for many reasons. To try and speed it up:
- Check out Troubleshoot & Resolve to fix slow browsing issues.
- Get help from The U-verse TV Help Center
The Help Center is a collection of tips, tools, and resources all in one place. To get there using your U-verse remote:
- Press MENU.
- Choose HELP.
- Now, select INFORMATION.
- Find out HELP CENTRE and press OK.
To learn what each area offers, highlight that section using the directional arrows of your remote, and a description of that section displays in the top-right corner of the screen. Also on the main screen is Did You Know? Tips and the latest messages from the Message Center.
AT&T’s Help centre tools and resources
AT&T offers a variety of support videos to assist on U-verse TV. Choose your topic to learn more about new features and functionality of your U-verse TV services.
Troubleshoot and Resolve
AT&T is always here to help you. You can troubleshoot issues with any of your services (TV, Internet, and Phone) right on the TV and find the solution you need. AT&T can test your system and attempt to diagnose the problem. Step-by-step instructions help you find the source of the problem and make it right. To get started, use your remote:
- Press MENU.
- Choose HELP.
- Now, select INFORMATION.
- Find out Troubleshoot and Resolve and then press OK.
For more information and help, or to resolve any query you may contact the AT&T customer service support anytime